Monday, February 7, 2011

Back to Boston

I'm baaaaack! Feels like I've been gone forever. Doesn't it?

Did you miss me? I missed you all. Very much! I can't wait to catch up on reading your blogs and tell you about my awesome and amazing trip. 

But... unfortunately, I'm going to have to ask for your patience for just a little while longer. It might take me a couple days to get my feet back on the ground and find time to blog. In addition to the whole range of emotions that I'm feeling after this trip... sadly, my grandfather passed away this weekend. My parents called me while I was in Stockholm to tell me. He was 89 (we had all gotten together just 2 weeks ago to celebrate his birthday) and died peacefully in his sleep. It's not a tragedy and it's probably a blessing - he didn't suffer and we all got to see him just recently. But it was a bit unexpected and shocking and it's dredging up a lot of emotions. 

But I do have lots and lots to tell you. And you are very much in luck! While it might take me a couple days to gather my thoughts (and unpack and have some time to grieve), you can see a sneak preview of the London part of the adventure over at Life Begins at 30ty's blog!

Life Begins at 30ty
That's right. On this trip, I had my first ever blogger date with Life Begins who is - as she calls it my "twin sister in reverse!"* And let me tell you she is totally beautiful and totally awesome - but more on that later (when I tell the story from my side). Check out her take on our party night in London in part I and part II.

And stay tuned!!! I have great stories to tell including meeting Life Begins, partying until 7 am, meeting a man in the women's bathroom (it's not quite as sleazy as it sounds), having an impromptu date on a beautiful London day, meeting old friends in Stockholm....

But for now... please go check out Life Begin's version of the story.

And see you soon! 

 *Life Begins is an American girl who moved back to London (she had lived there before) when I was moving back to the US. So, we were going through lots of the same emotions but in reverse. I'm a huge fan of her blog and now a huge fan of hers!



4 comments:

On My Soapbox said...

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. :-( Take care, and blog only when you feel ready (and rested).

Sarah B said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandad -- I know how that feels and it's really rough.

I have missed all of your stories though and am excited to read as soon as you're ready to post. Much love in the meantime to your family.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather but what a blessing that he went peacefully. My thoughts are with you. Glad you are home but take time to rest and do what needs to be done. Can't wait till you are really back though...missed you.

Sara Louise said...

Welcome back, sorry about you Granddad x