In order to accept the award I have to:
•Thank the blogger who awarded it to you.
•Sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience using five (5) words.
•Pass it on to 10 other blogs which you feel have real substance.
So, thank you Jazz Stanton! I'm still new to this blogging thing and maybe it's hard to believe, but I was a blog award virgin so thanks for popping my cherry. I'm super excited. Thanks for reading! And I encourage everyone to check out her awesome blog Date Experiment. I promise, it's a good time!
As for my blogging philosophy, motivation and experience using 5 words. Oh man - this one is a bit harder...
Let me think... I started this blog earlier this year for a few reasons:
- I was trying to get over a slightly broken heart (Thank you Beautiful Swede)
- I was getting back in the dating game and making my way in the big bad world of Internet dating and some things are just so hilarious they have to be shared
- I needed a creative outlet - a way to express myself as I was about to explode from work work and more work - I needed to do something for me
- I thought I had some fun stories to tell and wanted to share them out loud with real people (rather than just telling them to the imaginary people inside in my head - I mean that is not that much fun. I was getting kind of bored of them, they never made comments or had their own opinions)
- I had been thinking about starting a blog for awhile - so what the hell!
Ok - that was a lot of rambling when I only was asked for five words. As you might realize by now... I have a chronic case of verbal diarrhea so cutting down to 5 words is really hard for me!
But let me give it a try. My blogging philosophy, motivation and experience in 5 words:
International Search for love and laughs
Damn that's 6 words! Shoot. Does the word 'and' count?
Let me try again:
Actually. Forget that. I like this better:
Random fun international life adventures
Phew... Now that that's over... Moving on to the final point: 10 blogs that I feel have real substance.
Well here goes:
A Mom's Life
One Blond Girl
Sara In Le Petit Village
Date Me DC
Learning From Self History
Jumped the Pond
The Domestic Minx
The Sassy Curmudgeon
Girls are Strange
The Simple Sweet Life
I highly recommend reading each and every one of those blogs! Seriously. Check them out.
As for me... I'm off to Cambridge tomorrow (for a work offsite) and am organizing a pub crawl for the weekend. This International Woman of Mystery will have more adventures coming at you soon!
*You can check out my new "About" page here to see how I am currently
UPDATE: I have been twice blessed with this awesome blog award! The second nomination comes from Jewels at Turning 30 who writes a really fabulous blog. Seriously, stop by and check her out. She just turned 30, so be sure to wish her Happy Birthday! Thank you Jewels for reading and nominating my blog!