Despite the fact that this move has kind of gotten the best of me and left me Internet challenged for the time being, I could NOT let this holiday go by without writing a quick Halloween post.
I'm so excited to participate in this great American holiday!!
Sure, they celebrate Halloween abroad but not to the extent that Americans do. No way. So, bring it on America! Show me your Halloween style.
There is a definite sugar fueled buzz in the office in anticipation of the big Halloween weekend.
Every desk is lined with plastic pumpkins filled with candy (I'm so on a sugar buzz right now). In fact, one of the vendors got really
So, I'm wondering what are your Halloween plans for the weekend? Are you dressing up? Are you going Trick or Treating? Are you going to hit the town in a pimped out Halloween costume and do some serious partying?
Let me tell you about what I'm doing. I'm so tired of this move. I've decided that this weekend I'm going to have fun. It will be my first weekend out and about since returning back to the US almost 3 weeks ago now. So, I'm hoping that America will bring it on - in full Halloween style!
Tomorrow is the work party. Families and children are invited in the afternoon and in the evening there is a party at the bar.
For the work party, I'm going to keep it pretty tame. I've decided to be an angel (does it get tamer than that)? I'm going to wear an office appropriate white dress and a halo and some wings... That's about it. I'm still the new girl, so while I love me a dress up party, I'm not ready to go all out. My colleague who I've befriended is going as a Devil, so together we are "good and evil" or "naughty and nice" or whatever...
On Saturday I'm going out with Sexy friend S - who is a crazy friend from back in my college days who I have not seen since, but am totally looking forward to meeting up with - she has promised to introduce me to the Boston nightlife and hopefully some hotty Boston boys!
Oh woops - that sentence got a little distracted and I never finished my main point. But I don't feel like fixing it (my blog, my rules). Let me try again. Sexy friend S is the girl with the plan on Saturday night (although she has yet to decide what that actually is) and she is nice enough to let me tag along and I couldn't be more excited!
But now the big question is... WHAT DO I WEAR?
So, there is where I need your advice. What should I be on Saturday night?
I've got two choices for you. I'm in possession of the two costumes below. Which one should I wear?
Should I be a SEXY FIRE WOMAN?
Or A FLIRTY VINTAGE NURSE?
- Despite what you might think based on these pictures, neither of these costumes is very s
kankyrevealing - I mean have you SEEN what is out in the stores for women these days?
- Neither of these costumes is as short as the picture portrays (the firewoman one in particular is much longer than the picture shows) - I'm 5'8. I'm tall and both are a pretty acceptable length - short for sure but definitely covering my ass! There will be no but cheek flashing in either of these costumes.
- I'm not exactly sure of the plans for Saturday night (as Sexy friend S doesn't really have the details together yet) but it sounds like we will hit up a few house parties
- The firewoman costume is kind of hot... I mean like temperature-wise. It's long sleeves and heavy material
- The nurse costume is considerably cooler - temperature-wise
- The firewoman costume actually looks really real... It's kind of freaky
- The nurse costumes trends a bit to the "cute" side
- I like profession costumes! Last year I was a sea captain and the year before that I was policewoman... (not that you really needed this information to choose which costume you like better, but I just felt like sharing that with you)
And seriously - have a kick ass Halloween everyone.
I will be sure to update you on the weekend's activities and the costume decision in my next post!